Inspiration, Laughter, Complimentary Therapies - Esther Austin Global

What else is Esther Austin up to? Well EstherAustinGlobal will tell all from Qarma Broadcast an Inspirational and spiritual radio station, Qarma Therapies where you can have an Indian Head Massage or Spiritual Healing to Gabriella King and everything sensual - click on http://www.estheraustinglobal.com

Wednesday 26 March 2008

The Cold Just Keeps on Getting Colder




Hello Peeps

It’s now nearly the end of March and I am sure I heard somewhere that Spring is on it’s way. Maybe my hearing aid needs adjusting because it seems as if Winter has just arrived upon us and I have been forced to scramble through my laundry basket to try to resurrect my tired old thermals again.

It’s getting colder and colder by the day and I just do not seem to be able to deal with the cold as much as I used to and I am often found grumbling and mumbling to myself as I sprint from place to place trying to keep warm. Yes, I guess that the older I get the less I am able to cope with anything actually, and I certainly do not do cold. Once I am wrapped up well, or rather padded up with a plethora of under garments from tights and socks, vests, cotton teeshirts, jumpers, etc then I can walk anywhere from the Antarctic to the outer Hebrides. But I have to be warm and if I manage to resemble a Yeti, in the process then so be it. Yet so far, I have been finding it rather difficult to attire myself with more clothing without looking as if I am going to explode. The other day, whilst waiting at my train station, I turned rather sadly to a young lady and wailed “I can’t cope, how many things do I need to put on to feel warm.” As you can guess, she smiled at me with pity and told me to try taking a good does of vitamin C.

A few times over the past few weeks, I have been scurrying out and about like a frightened mouse who is going to get its tail put in the shredder for stealing the cat’s cheese. Often times I’ve looked as if my face had been frozen in mid smile – hence the rather scary grimace, but I don’t really think people could understand my state of uncomfortableness, (if ever such a word existed). At times, I ventured out to local meetings, quite smartly of course, with matching colours but in a track suit. I so love the fleecy inlay – to die for.

At such times I offered no apology to the person I was meeting other than to smile through my frozen grimace and offer a handshake. There are times, peeps, when comfort and practicality has to take precedence over vanity.

So, this weekend snow is predicted, and I guess this is better then the lumps of hailstones that tried to stone me today as I sat in the warmth and comfort of my bedroom. The skies suddenly darkened and a flash of lightening threatened against the sky and then the hailstones fell.

Many blame the unpredictable weather on global warming, many say it is a sign of the times. I don’t really give a flying rat’s whiskers at this moment in time, I just want some sun to heat my bones so that I am able to de-robe slightly and put aside my rather cumbersome sheepskin coat which now looks like the back of a dogs backside – it needs dry cleaning, ok, but every time I get the urge to take it to the dry cleaners, the weather gets progressively worst and like I keep saying, I don’t do cold.

So for now, you will just have to take me as you see me, as I scurry around singing to myself that bluesy tune “summertime” which in itself gives me hope with the illusion of sunny skies and ice cream